If you have been involved in a car accident and suffered an auto accident injury, you are not alone. Every year, millions of Americans get involved in car accidents that lead to both minor and serious injuries. Even if you take all the necessary steps and precautions to avoid a car accident and an injury, accidents still occur due to different factors like including bad weather conditions, the recklessness of other drivers, and other circumstances. At Barnes Chiropractic, we have been helping Elkhart residents recover from auto accident injuries for many years.
What Are the Most Common Auto Accident Injuries?
Here is a list of the most common injuries sustained from car accidents:
- Cuts and scrapes
- Herniated discs
- Knee injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Concussions and head injuries
- Shoulder and neck pain
- Bruised ribs
- Broken bones
- Chest injuries and pain
Some injuries are short-term and minor, so no medical help is needed, while others take time to recover and may require special treatment and a lengthy rehabilitation process.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
A visit to a chiropractor should be a top priority after a car accident. Chiropractors provide integrated therapies for auto accident injuries including massage therapy, spinal adjustments, pain management, rehabilitation exercises, and more. Here are the benefits of seeing a chiropractor after a car accident:
- Pain management: By adjusting your spine, chiropractors relieve pressure off tense muscles and impinged nerves. This allows the body to release pain-relieving hormones. Chiropractic adjustments will relieve your pain and reduce the likelihood of it returning in the future.
- Better range of motion: Stiffness in the back and neck is one of the most common symptoms of a car accident injury, especially whiplash. By restoring your body’s natural alignment, our chiropractor will improve your range of motion.
- Non-invasive and drug-free treatment: Chiropractic treatments do not involve the use of any drugs and surgeries. Therefore, there is no risk of such possible and common side effects and complications as bleeding, nausea, allergic reactions, etc.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Aaron Barnes for Auto Accident Injury Treatment in Elkhart
If you have been involved in a car accident, you should see a chiropractor as soon as possible. Even if you are not experiencing any symptoms of an auto accident injury, seeing a chiropractic specialist is important to prevent any possible health issues from arising in the future.
Our chiropractor, Dr. Aaron Barnes, will evaluate your musculoskeletal system to determine the type, location, and severity of your auto accident injuries before creating a chiropractic care plan to address them. Call Barnes Chiropractic today at for more information or to schedule an appointment.